Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reading Meme, Day Seven

Day Seven – A writer you don’t like

Nicholas Sparks. To be fair, I have read only one of his books - A Walk to Remember. I can promise you it wasn't.

But that's not the reason I don't like him. Despite the long list of romances he's written over the years, Mr. Sparks claims that he doesn't write romances. As if that is something beneath him, impossible to even consider.

That's okay though. We romance fans don't want him. As far as I and many other romance fans are concerned, he's not good enough for the romance genre. It seems to me that he's a screenwriter. He's reached a point where he's now writing his books for the express purpose of them being made directly into movies; for example, the production of The Last Song. (See this article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-03-11-lastsong11_CV_N.htm)

Go HERE for a laugh and some instruction on how to make a Nicholas Sparks movie. *snicker* I never noticed the poster thing before. Not a romance writer, indeed.

No comments: