Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Best book of September...

And the winner is...well, no need to be redundant :) I don't usually care for books about the Fae/Fairies/Faery/etc. In nearly every book in which they are present, they are almost always the most devious, the most terrifyingly beautiful, and the most malevolent. Give me a werewolf anyday :) However, there are exceptions and this new series by this new author rocked my...brain. I liked the main character, October Daye, and I felt deeply sorry for her (once you discover what happened to her I think you will too). But, by the time I finished this book, I respected her and am in anxious anticipation for the next one, A Local Habitation, due out early March 2010. I definitely can't wait to see happens with Tybalt, the Cat King.

Rosemary and Rue just beat Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead as my favorite read for the month. Also a new author for me, I was pleasantly surprised by this book and I loved Georgina Kincaid, the aforementioned succubus. I don't usually buy trade paperbacks brand new and I went and ordered the next two in the series from amazon. The lesson to be learned from this series is: never judge a book by its cover :)

No comments: