Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Angels seem to be all the rage these days. I, myself, am looking forward to seeing the movie Legion when it comes out in theaters. Hush, Hush (not sure about where this title came from) is about fallen angels and nephilim. Our heroine, Nora Grey, meets this guy in her biology class, Patch, her new partner. She's attracted to him but she's also kinda scared of him. Weird things start to happen to Nora after she meets him - she's attacked while driving her best friend's car but when she goes to break the bad news to her BFF, there's barely a scratch on the windshield. She finds her bedroom trashed and catches the perp escaping out her window but when she calls the cops, her bedroom looks normal. And what's with the strange scars on Patch's back? I liked this book and it kept me feeling edgy until the end. I was also glad that Patch didn't sparkle :) The sequel, Crescendo, should be out sometime this fall.


No comments: