Saturday, September 4, 2010

This Addiction Knows No Bounds

So I spent this morning at a library book sale and here's what I brought home with me. Not everything's a keeper; there are a few duplicates in there that I already had. The Madelyn Alt and the Mary Jo Putney are scores though. The Christopher Pike was a nostalgia thing.




After I left the book sale, I stopped by a bookstore (I was about 90 minutes from home) that is part of a small independent chain and was delighted to discover that they were having a Labor Day sale where all their books were buy two, get one free. So what did I get there?




I went in there for an actual reason, not just because I couldn't keep away. Well, that's not entirely true but I wanted a copy of Simone Elkeles's Return to Paradise. I struck out with that one but I'm thinking it's okay, based on several reviews I've since read that call it a disappointment and that is disappointing. I've been intrigued by Rampant and it's killer unicorns for a while now and don't you just love the idea of killer unicorns?

Yep. I'm a sick woman :) 

4 comments:

Jen D. said...

Holy wow! Nice haul. And can I just say I'm most excited about the fact that you were able to get a Christopher Pike book. Those books take me back...

I've always been interested in trying an Eloisa James book. You know, now that I don't hate historical romances anymore. ;-)

Jen said...

I know, right!? I probably would have gotten more if I had another bag. I used to read C. Pike almost religiously back in the day :) My fave's Remember Me. What's yours?

Eloisa James is one of the best historical romance writers ever. You should definitely give her books a try. Turns out the book of hers (The Taming of the Duke) was one I already had. *grumble*

Jen D. said...

Yeah me too! Hmm...it's a tie between Slumber Party and Chain Letter. Man, that totally reminds me of begging my aunt to take me to the bookstore after finishing his book so I could get another one of his books. Ah, memories...

LOL...I hate when that happens to me. Makes me want to kick something.

Jen D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.