Friday, December 11, 2009

Best Book of November...


I'm going to do something a little different this month even though I'm almost two weeks late with this post...Since I couldn't pick a favorite book, I'll pick a favorite author: Lisa Kleypas. Big surprise, right? Last month Book Binge sang her praises and, well, they're right. Lisa Kleypas writes wonderful romances and can write both men and women equally well. I worked my way through my collection of Lisa's books and while I didn't get through all of them, I did get through eight; two were revisits. Idiot that I am I gave away my original  copies of Where Dreams Begin and Devil in Winter during one of my manic book giveaway sprees. That won't happen again :) You can see the rest of the ones I read on my end-of-the-month book list for November.  I will say that my least favorite was the duo that included Midnight Angel and Prince of Dreams. I felt that they were much weaker than most of her other books. The past-life expedition that put Nikolai in his ancestor's shoes split the book and it interrupted the flow. I might not have minded it so much if he hadn't been such a jerk for the first half of the novel. Anyhoo, if you're reading this and am looking for a new author to try and you enjoy romances, historical or contemporary, Lisa Kleypas is a winner.

No comments: