Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thoughts at one a.m.

The special effects on the Ghost Whisperer are quite cheesy. Especially for a prime time CBS tv show that been around for several years. SyFy original shows do a better job than the folks on the Ghost Whisperer. Dressing little girls like the girl from The Ring and popping spirits in and out of a scene just does not cut the mustard. I resisted watching this show because I figured it was schmaltzy crap tv - I was right! Jamie Kennedy being a regular cast member closed the deal. I saw an episode the other night - I was bored, there was nothing else on tv and for some reason I didn't have a book in my hands. It was right after her husband had died and then appropriated some other dude's body instead of going into the light. And he didn't even remember her! But he ends up living in her backyard or whatever. Get some better writers! Gack. There's more compelling programming on Nick Jr.

Now that I have a little more free time, instead of cleaning my house I will be working to update the release date list. I've been pretty lazy about that one recently and have been using my wishlist on BookMooch to keep track of what's coming out and when. Posting some more might happen too. We'll see :)

This past weekend and continuing into tomorrow and possibly Wednesday, I've been plowing through my Cherry Adair stash. What a treat she is! They're perfect: about 300 pages so they're read pretty quickly; plenty of humor and steamy romance though I've been skimming through a lot of those scenes since I'm now on book eight, they're all pretty similar; the characters are pretty likeable (Lucas Fox in Night Secrets is mighty irritating). Series like these with covert ops and counterterrorism organizations are usually good for a quick thrill and a decent whirlwind romance. I'm interested in what happens in Night Shadow, the last of my Adair pile and her last release, since I just read The Mercenary last night and Alex Stone was a background yet integral player in that one and is the main player in this one.

No comments: