Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Devil You Know by Jenna Black

If this first book in this series was a four-car pileup on the beltway then this one is more like a few fender-benders at once. That means that story aside, the graphic scenes in this one are much less disturbing. No gay s&m in this one, just straight sex. The scenarios that Morgan finds arousing continues to, well, not astound really, just surprise. I guess it's just my hetero sensibilities but that stuff doesn't do much for me. Anyway, Morgan's association with Adam and Dominic continues. Adam was much less annoying in this one; he and Morgan actually become something like friends. Or at least partners. One mystery solved too. I'm not sure if I actually like Morgan and her demon but this story is definitely keeping my attention. The next one isn't out until November and since I have plenty to keep my attention I won't suffer too much until it comes out.

No comments: