Saturday, September 6, 2008

IMHO

I would just like to say that while I have enjoyed the first three books of George R.R. Martin's The Song of Ice and Fire series I am very glad that I am not eagerly awaiting the arrival of book number five. I have a copy of #4 and have not read it just so I wouldn't be waiting like others I know. Recently, amazon.com had A Dance with Dragons (aka #5) listed as being readily (read: listed when you search for Martin's books) available on September 30, 2008. That listing has now disappeared from amazon and the only listing I can find now is on Borders.com, claiming that it will be released on December 30, 2009. Holy cow! Haven't his fans waited long enough already? He certainly seems willing to publish other works in between #4 & 5. I would think giving #5 some extra attention (read: getting his ass in gear) would behoove him. At this point, I may just wait until #5 comes out in paperback. What's another year?

No comments: