Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

I'm a big believer in reading books in order (lately I keep starting books only to find out they are not the first but third of six, Meljean Brook's Demon Moon in particular). I hate missing stuff and not knowing what's going on. I've heard so many good things about this series that I figured I better read them. So, I read the first book, Dark Lover, a while ago. I didn't care for it. I also am a bit of a prude so I had a hard time going to the bookstore and buying books with the word Lover in the title (kind of like buying condoms or tampons). Dark Lover was okay; I thought Wrath was a tyrant and Beth got on my nerves. I thought the names of the male characters was silly and didn't get why they listen to gangsta rap (can't stand the stuff). Months later, I'm still not sure why I picked up the second book, Lover Eternal. My main drive in reading books (especially series) is that I have to know what happens and I liked Rhage in the first book and was intrigued with his curse. He reminded me of Dageus from KMM's books and Paris from Gena Showalter's books but with a twist. What kind of beast would he become if he lost control? I also wanted to see the redemption of Zsadist (I bet that was a bitch to type over and over). Zsadist was as bad as they come - nasty, freaky-looking and superviolent. Lover Awakened is my favorite so far. Bella is a perfect match for Zsadist. Butch and Marissa are up next in Lover Revealed.

No comments: