Sunday, January 11, 2009

Out of this World by Jill Shalvis

Oh, Ms. Shalvis, you let me down with this one. I so enjoyed Get a Clue that I was really looking forward to Out of this World. The premise: an L.A. artist inherits a B&B in Alaska of all places, and she drags her best friend's brother up there to scope it out and decide what to do about the place. She also then realizes that her BF's brother is a hot little number (which she, of course, never noticed in all the hours they've spent together) and is now having difficulty keeping her hands to herself. Then, they arrive at Hideaway (the B&B), get struck by lightning while lost in the woods, meet aliens and other ridiculousness. This was a frustrating and annoying book and by the end, I didn't care if Rachel and Kellan ended up together or not. I'm just glad it's over.

No comments: