Monday, March 1, 2010

Please Stand By

As my blog template code has become impossible to work with I am working to fix the problem but my template has to temporarily change. Cross your fingers :)

Ninety minutes and one headache later, I have decided to give up the book theme template for the time being. Finding free templates online seems like a great idea at first but when you realize that they're not always customizable, things can get sticky. Blogger can be sticky anyway - I can't get the jump break function to work even though I was able to get the page tabs at the top to appear. I give up for today...

NEW: As much as I love the literary template I had, I'm saying goodbye for now. If it hasn't become obvious by now, I am very picky. Elements of that template seemed to go missing a few months ago (entry date headers and other odds and ends) but using a saved version of it made things worse. So, I've switched to something less problematic for now with the intention of coming up with something similar yet different in the future. I thought about switching to wordpress but that was a whole different kettle of fish (or something). So I'm staying at Blogger.

No comments: