Saturday, August 7, 2010

My First Award!


Thank you to Jen from In the Closet with a Bibliophile AND to Jane from moydrook reads for my first Blogger Award! If you guys hadn't been the ones to give me this award I would definitely be sending it to you both :) So here's the deal:


The Rules
  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass this award along to fifteen bloggers you have recently discovered and think enough of to bestow them with this awesome award.
  4. Contact those lucky bloggers and give them the good news about their new award.

My Seven Secrets
  1. I used to play the trumpet.
  2. I can't read at the library or in a bookstore because it's too quiet.
  3. I have the same birthday as Mary Poppins, Dumbledore (the first one), and Mark McGwire.
  4. I never liked English classes in high school or college. I always preferred science.
  5. My favorite tv show is The Golden Girls. I would say Friends as I am in my early thirties but the last few seasons weren't all that good. I don't watch reality tv except for Project Runway. The current season is going to be a dud, I think. I'm not liking any of the designers so far.
  6. My favorite color is purple.
  7. I love flowers and plants in general but tend to kill everything I bring home. 

The Fifteen Eleven Bloggers

9 comments:

LibraryGirl said...

Congrats on receiving this award Jen and thanks so much for passing it on to me. Look for my award post next week :-)

Allison said...

thanks!! :)

Jen said...

You are both very welcome :)

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Thanks for the award Jen! It's my first one too.

I looove the Golden Girls. Dorothy + Blanche + Rose + Sophia = FIERCE!

Jen said...

YES!!! Dorothy was always my favorite.

You're welcome btw :)

Sweet Calliope said...

Kudos Jen, well deserved. Your reviews just keep getting better :)

Jen said...

Yeah, I think I'm finally getting the hang of this blogging thing :)

mpartyka said...

Thanks for the award!

I love your list. My brother played the Trumpet, I played the piano, violin and drums. The drums... I was a sign language companion from 4-6 grade and the girl I assigned to could hear/feel the vibration.

I'm watching project runway this year too - and the art show on bravo (which is really interesting, even if I don't love the art they are making).

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! And congrats on your award--you deserve it. :-) I love that you know Dumbledore's birthday. My birthday is mentioned once in a Dr. Suess book, so that's my claim to fame.

-Tiger