Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Review: "A Questionable Client" by Ilona Andrews in Dark and Stormy Knights


If you are an Ilona Andrews fan in need of a Kate Daniels fix, you're in luck. In this impressive anthology, we finally get to see how Kate met Saiman. YES! Ever since Saiman was first introduced, and I can't remember exactly which book it was (Burns? Strikes?), I have wanted to know more about him and why he's so fixated on Kate. Not that it's that big a surprise, right?

The plot of this short story feels like a secret to me, one that I'm just dying to tell. All I'll say is that Kate is sent to him to be a bodyguard. What she finds when she gets there is something that is a stretch, even for the dynamic duo of Ilona Andrews. It's a typical Kate story and even though there's no Curran and it's too short it is still a treat.

3 comments:

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Hi Jen! I've had my eye on this anthology for awhile. Have you read all the stories or just the Ilona Andrews story?

Jen said...

Just the Ilona Andrews one so far but I have started the Jim Butcher one. Might be halfway through it and I'm liking it even though it's not a Harry Dresden pov but is still in his world.

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Sounds promising. Let me know what you think about the anthology as a whole when you're done with it.