Friday, August 15, 2008

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

*SPOILER ALERT* Argh. I never thought she'd do it. I never thought Meyer would allow Bella to be turned into a vampire. Not only that, but she made Bella pregnant! I haven't finished this book yet; I started it the day it came out and have read probably two-thirds of it but I can't bring myself to finish it yet. I've read that it has a happy ending where everyone lives happily ever after. Literally. I'm so disappointed. I adored Twilight and liked New Moon but the last two books let me down. I have to admit that I was a member of Team Jacob; Edward became flat to me in New Moon. I was interested in the version of Twilight Meyer was working on in which the story is told from Edward's point of view but Jacob was so much more alive (pardon the pun) to me that Bella's loyalty and insistence of being with Edward really has annoyed me enough that I don't know that I would even bother reading it if it's ever published. I also have Meyer's The Host on my bookshelf, waiting to be read, but I don't have much enthusiasm for it right now.

No comments: