Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Devil Inside by Jenna Black

Demons with a twist. Gay S&M. Exorcisms. This book was like a car crash - I just couldn't look away even though I wanted to. Morgan is an exorcist in a world where demons are legal. Humans can allow themselves to be possessed; they take a backseat to their lives while the demon they let in takes control. Not that this is a bad thing necessarily: demons have to behave or they get exorcised. To that end, many of them are productive members of society. They are cops, firefighters, etc. Morgan's brother is one of the possessed and she can't understand why anyone would willingly allow such a thing. What she doesn't know is that there is much more going on in her life that has to do with possession than she realizes and ends up working with Adam, a possessed gay man/demon; a demon cop who has a taste for torture. Much of this book turned me off but like I said before, I couldn't stop looking. And I'm looking forward to reading the next two books the first of which is out already.

No comments: