Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Most Anticipated Books for June

Ladies first...

Jane's pick:
I am a Stephanie Plum fan and will certainly be getting my hands on a copy of Sizzling Sixteen as soon as it's released. But the book that has me intrigued is A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff which will be released in the US on June 29th. Romance, mystery, a vintage clothing store in London, and wonderful quirky characters? I have no doubt that I'm going to enjoy this story. It's being released as a hardcover here but you might be able to find a paperback copy that was printed last year in the UK and Canada.


Jen's pick:


When I was looking for my pick, something kept nagging at me as if I was forgetting something. My upcoming releases page looked like something had been missing so I started trolling the bookseller websites and lo and behold, I found what was missing on Borders.com. How could I have missed this and not put it on my upcoming list?

I'm a bad book blogger. Bad.

Open Country by Kaki Warner has been a much-anticipated book for me ever since I read Pieces of Sky several months back (go HERE to see my review). It's the second of the Blood Rose trilogy and focuses on the middle brother, Hank. Hank is severely injured when he wakes and discovers that he's married to an unfamiliar woman who has children. His wife, Molly, is on the run with her late sister's children and has taken advantage of Hank's situation to insinuate herself into his life and hopefully, find safety. The third book, Chasing the Sun, is out in January 2011. I have already added it to it's proper page.

No comments: