Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Review: Something About You by Julie James


FATE HAS THROWN TWO SWORN ENEMIES. . .


Of all the hotel rooms rented by all the adulterous politicians in Chicago, female Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde had to choose the one next to 1308, where some hot-and-heavy lovemaking ends in bloodshed. And of all the FBI agents in Illinois, it had to be Special Agent Jack Pallas who gets assigned to this high-profile homicide. The same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago—and nearly ruining his career…


. . .INTO EACH OTHER’S ARMS


Work with Cameron Lynde? Are they kidding? Maybe, Jack thinks, this is some kind of welcome-back prank after his stint away from Chicago. But it’s no joke: the pair is going to have to put their rocky past behind them and focus on the case at hand. That is, if they can cut back on the razor-sharp jibes—and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension…



Julie James has once again created a story that is fresh, witty, and totally believable. It’s not often I sit down and read a book in one sitting but I absolutely could not put this book down. Cameron is my type of heroine. She’s smart, sassy, knows when to speak her mind but also knows when to back down. Jack is equally wonderful. How can you not love a tall, dark and glowering hunk of an FBI Agent who loves to read? The verbal sparring had me smiling throughout the story and the sexual tension between them was down right hot! This was Ms. James’ first attempt at a romantic suspense and I thought she did a fantastic job.


Oh and Ms. James, if you happen to read this, I would love to see Agent Wilkins (Jack’s side kick) have his own story someday. I give it an A-.

1 comment:

Julie James said...

Hi Jane,

Too funny--I get a lot of questions about Wilkins. He seems to be quite popular. I can tell you that he has a brief (very brief) cameo in my next book. As for getting his own book one day, I'll definitely keep your advice in mind. : )

Glad you enjoyed Something About You. And thanks for the lovely review!

Julie