Monday, March 16, 2009

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

I love these kinds of books - vampire romances that don't take themselves too seriously. Lynsay Sands is my favorite author in that genre so far, but perhaps Kerrelyn Sparks (after I read the next one) may move into the #2 spot. I loved Undead and Unwed, Maryjanice Davidson's first Undead book but having made it through book three, Undead and Unappreciated, it's losing the appeal. Books 4-6 have been sitting on my shelf for months. There are others but I'm moving off-topic, so back to Millionaire. It made me laugh out-loud, earning glances from my husband (probably wondering if he should go get his butterfly net), and I finished it in one sitting, having to stay up until 1:30 am to finish it. Goofy vampires, a snaggle-toothed vampire (not really one of the goofy ones, though), and a dentist in the Witness Protection Program. I'm looking forward to the next one, Vamps in the City.

This post is going to the first of (I hope) daily posts. I keep a book journal, one that I actually write in, but it's only dates and titles. I'd like to make this more of a book diary in truth; making daily remarks about what I'm reading and if I like it, not just book reviews. It's going to be hard because I do have a life outside the view of my monitor but I'm going to do my best. 

No comments: