Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Am about to start Slightly Sinful. I finished Slightly Tempted last night pretty late and only have the one book left until I get back to Wulf in Slightly Dangerous - I plan to power through. I gave Tempted a B- but that was only because I liked Morgan as much as I did. Her honey, Gervase the Frenchman, annoyed the hell out of me. In my head he sounded like a cross between Pepe le Peu and the Frenchie from Cheers (the one who tried to split up Woody and Kelly). Reminder: pick up Julia Spencer-Fleming's In the Bleak Midwinter from the library sometime. Rec came from Sarah at Smart Bitches. Sounds different, but promising. I'm also looking forward to the two Kerrelyn Sparks books that are on their way to me (God bless PaperbackSwap). To any fellow BookMoochers who read this, I also trade on PaperbackSwap. My heart belongs to BookMooch but PBS has presented opportunities that are few and far between on BM. 

One more thing today...Being in my early thirties and having survived my adolescence during the nineties, the music that comes to my mind when I think of high school is Nirvana. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in particular. I recently looked up the lyrics to the song since I had absolutely no idea what the hell Kurt Cobain was saying and now I'm disappointed. I'm not sure what I expected but now the mystique is gone. I'm sure this sounds dumb. Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

No comments: