Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday March 24, 2009

I have a new lady to put on my author's to watch list: Maria V. Snyder. I read Poison Study last night and LOVED it! I made sure I got myself to the library today to pick up Magic Study and Fire Study. I think it's only a three-part series but she does have the first book in a new series out in April so yay :) Also got Mary Balogh's new one - Then Comes Seduction (silly title), Lisa Kleypas' Smooth Talking Stranger (they gave me the large print copy, ugh). Can't wait until approximately April 9 cause I'll be getting a really good box from Barnes & Noble. Inside will be new books from Jim Butcher, Ann Aguirre, Jaye Wells, Lynsay Sands, Kerrelyn Sparks, Ilona Andrews, and...Karen Chance. It'll be like Christmas :)

Right now I'm reading, well, look to the right of this post. First one of a fairly long series that is still ongoing with a sticky romantic subplot between an unmarried female Episcopalian priest and the married male police chief in their little upstate New York town. Yikes. That would definitely suck. I'm not that far in yet but I do like it. Clare (the priest) isn't a stick-in-the-mud and Russ (um, the police chief) appears to be a good guy so we'll see. 

No comments: