Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, 16 March 2009

Here goes...I've just read the first book in Kerrelyn Sparks vampire series and really enjoyed it. It was funny and sweet. I'm not sure what made me pick it up though. I had just finished Meljean Brook's Demon Angel, which was so very good, but it took 2+ days for me to finish it. Me! I usually rip through paperbacks in a few hours, sometimes getting through 3 a day. Demon Angel was the first in the series and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything and she sure knows how to cram a lot of story in 400 pages. I'm going to read Demon Moon and then need to get a copy of Demon Night so I can reread it before I get to Demon Bound. I read Demon Night last October and while I liked it, I felt like I was missing something. Having now read the short story that started it all, "Falling for Anthony," which tells how Colin was made vampire, and Demon Angel, Hugh and Lilith's story, things are becoming much clearer (duh) but I don't remember details. Stuff like what Drifter's gift is. Anyway, heavy stuff like Brooks' series, while awesome, gets overwhelming sometimes. So, I'm not sure what's up next. I have library books to read; Mary Balogh's Bedwyn family books (Alleyne and Morgan), Christopher Golden's new one, A Map of Moments, Susan Krinard's Lord of the Beasts, Sharon Sala's Sweet Baby, and Georgette Heyer's Beauvallet. I have other books to return today and will probably grab Balogh's Slightly Dangerous, Wulfric's story. I've already read it but, as usual, it being the last book in that series, I read it first. Pay attention, dummy! Next up, I think will be Slightly Tempted by Mary Balogh. I'm going to clean my bathroom after the mail gets here (hurry up, hurry up). Maybe after that, I'll read. What else?

No comments: