Saturday, April 4, 2009

Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer

I love this woman's books. One of my all-time favorites is Bet Me, which I've read at least 4 times. The last book this pair collaborated on was Don't Look Down, and not one of my favorites. It definitely had the Crusie feel but not necessarily the magic. Agnes definitely does. Cranky Agnes is the writer and title of a nationally syndicated food column and lives in Tara-like mansion outside of Savannah. She is engaged and is expected to host the wedding of her best friend's daughter. Her week has a bad start when a man enters her house, points a gun at her and demands her dog. Agnes takes him out with her frying pan and shortly thereafter meets her new man, Shane, the aforementioned hitman who is sent by his uncle, friend of Agnes. Hilarity, good food, the mob, flamingoes and crazy people ensue. This was my second reading of Agnes and it definitely held up the second time. I haven't read her newest one, Dogs and Goddesses, mainly because the reviews weren't that great but Crusie's website claims that she'll have another book out later this year.

No comments: