Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday, 11 April 2009

My big BN order landed the other day and I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. But what should I read first? Here's what I did: I picked up a library book :) The Perfect Poison by Amanda Quick. I really enjoyed it too. Caleb Jones and Lucinda Bromley made a good couple and tell you how the company Jones & Jones is founded.

Today I'm all out-of-sorts. One of my eyes is mad at me for some particular reason (irritated and watering) and I'm having trouble deciding what to read. Last night I started The Archer's Tale by Bernard Cornwell. Not my usual type of read but it sounds interesting and it was interesting last night. Today, not so much. So I stood at my bookshelves until something grabbed my interest and picked Butcher's latest, Turn Coat. But after I started it, something didn't feel right. I love Harry Dresden and consume his books like the book glutton that I am but I wasn't feeling it, the thing, the feeling of happiness and excitement I get when I start a new Harry hardback. So, I put that one back and tried again. Settled this time on Pamela Clare's Surrender. Let's hope that her scottish accent is more along the vein of Outlander, not Groundskeeper Willie. Let's also hope that the problem I had with Turn Coat is a fluke and not something more serious. I've been wanting for a while now to reread the series so maybe I'll wait until I've accomplished that. As if.

No comments: