Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Fountain Filled With Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming

Gosh this series is good. Good mysteries, Clare's conflicting feelings with her vocation and her church and her passion for Russ, Russ's struggle with his feelings for Clare and his wife, a town that seems to be a hotbed for pertinent social issues, and enough humor so the stories don't feel preachy. The main reason that I'm reading this series, of course, is Russ and Clare and what happens between them. I hope that something happens eventually. There's six books so far and I am having a hard time believing that you can stretch unrequited love very much farther before something snaps. I wonder when Russ's wife Linda will finally make an appearance. She's become something of a Vera or Maris (oddly enough, both are tv characters connected to Frasier Crane), where only Russ is allowed to speak to her. Anyway, Out of the Deep I Cry is next in the series and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: