Saturday, April 4, 2009

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

I knew it! I freaking knew it! I was so happy to finally read the last installment of the Mortal Instruments series and when I finally sat down with it, I didn't stop until I finished it. It was fairly predictable and satisfying - much like the end of the Harry Potter series. *Spoiler alert* I knew that Clary and Jace were not siblings. Duh and all that, I know. Who bases their relationships on what Valentine says anyway? Dummies. Having Clary's mom reveal it was expected too but still a relief. So, evil is vanquished, true love prevails and peace throughout the land wraps up this series but I loved it anyway. I haven't had much luck with YA series as of late and I still haven't been able to bring myself to finish Breaking Dawn but I'll always appreciate Clary, Jace, Simon and the rest. I'm not sure what her next series is about but I believe is a prequel of sorts. We'll see.

No comments: