Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

I'm not going to say much about this one. Just this: among the many books I have read and television/movies I have watched, a few of the locales represented have grabbed my heart and not let go. I know this sounds ridiculously schmaltzy but whatever. One of these such places is Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls. Any fan of that show knows why. And now I can add Virgin River to that list. I grew up and live in a small town and have never felt the sense of community that oozes from this series. I'm going to have to pace myself since it only took me about six hours to finish the second one and even though there are seven total, three of them released in the past three months, there won't be any new ones out until next year. So, I'll read the next one, Whispering Rock, and try to control myself afterwards. Wish me luck ;)

No comments: