Monday, December 20, 2010

A New Challenge (and it wasn't my idea)


Now this is a challenge I can complete :) (I can hope, can't I?) Go HERE to check out the details but the gist is this: It's all about finishing up those series that everybody has sitting on their shelves after they've read the first book or so. Now, it's late and I'm dead-ass tired so I will be going through my collection tomorrow and picking out those leftovers to finish but I expect to list at least three. Maybe more.

UPDATE: It turns out that I'm a new term that I just made up: a serial series separator. A serial series separator is a type of reader who likes to read the first book (sometimes first two) in a series, works themselves into a frenzy of "I have got to get the rest of "enter author's name here"'s books", and then moves on to something else. Lather, rinse, repeat. So when I went to my books to pick out a few series to list, I came up with a whole sheet of names. Here's the ones I picked:

C. T. Adams & Cathy Clamp's Tales of the Sazi series
  1. Hunter's Moon
  2. Moon's Web (Update: Finished on 12/20)
  3. Captive Moon
  4. Howling Moon
  5. Moon's Fury
  6. Timeless Moon
  7. Cold Moon Rising
  8. Serpent Moon

Jennifer Rardin's Jaz Parks series - I have read the first four of six; I have five and six
  1. Once Bitten, Twice Shy
  2. Another One Bites the Dust
  3. Biting the Bullet
  4. Bitten to Death
  5. One More Bite
  6. Bite Marks

C. L. Wilson's Tairen Soul series - I just read the first in this five part series in January and have 1-4, book five will be out late this year
  1. Lord of the Fading Lands
  2. Lady of Light and Shadow
  3. King of Sword and Sky
  4. Queen of Song and Souls
  5. Crown of Crystal Flame 

That's eleven books so far. I plan to add a few more but that's enough for now :) I'll be parking the image at the top of this post on my sidebar.

UPDATE: July 20, 2010

I'm adding Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series to this challenge.
  1. Some Girls Bite
  2. Friday Night Bites
  3. Twice Bitten

I committed to this challenge in May and with the exception of Lady of Light and Shadow and part of Moon's Web, I've been a very bad girl because I've avoided these books like the plague. I really need to get cracking. And reading.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Good luck with your latest challenge!