Friday, December 10, 2010

Reading Meme, Day Ten

Day Ten – A book you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving


This is going to be more about a genre than a particular book. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn was my first historical romance novel in 2008 and the rest, pardon the pun, is my history. In the past few years, romances have become predominant in my TBR pile, with historicals aplenty. As a dummy unaware of the fabulousness of this subgenre, I, too, stuck up my nose at them until I tripped over this gem and fell absolutely in love. It certainly didn't hurt that Julia Quinn is incomparable. Reading her led me to Lisa Kleypas, Laura Kinsale, Mary Balogh, Loretta Chase, Eloisa James, and even Georgette Heyer. Historical romances rock and I am all the better for having read them.

No comments: